Tuesday, October 28, 2008

El grande canyone, spanish for The grande canyone

I decided last minute to take a trip to the grand canyon. I slept on my purple lawn chair, under the stars, beautiful! I hiked the South Kaibab trail, about 6 miles round trip, 2000 ft elevation. The view is breath taking!! I hear it's even more picturesque from the north rim. I think I'll have to plan a trip and hike from the north to the south. A friend of mine did it, said it's 30 miles or so, and they took it easy and did it in 5 days. Could be great. Any takers?!

These little burros climb up and down the mountain, these ones were hauling out trash. They add their own greenery to the trail, not a good idea to step in it when it's too fresh.

I met some great people on the trail, a couple from Switzerland. I got to talk with them in German for 20 minutes or so, and my uphill hiking buddy, Scott, from New Orleans, currently residing in Austin, TX. We got to talk southern... yeah, it's a language.

No comments: