Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Adventures!!






I'm not sure if these pics will post, but here are a few of them anyway. So, the first is when I biked with the boys down to Konigswinter to try to hike up to the Drachenfels ruins (shown here), but the way was far too steep so I'll have to do it when I can get somebody to come with to help carry the boys up.
Secondly, a picture from Koko's office overlooking the Rheinau park which I bike through several times a day, and in which there are numerous adventures to be had...playgrounds, paddle-boating, kite-flying, bier festivals, rock concerts, flea markets, etc.
I went with the boys on a "mini-cruise" up the river (which is actually south because the Rheine flows south to north) to a little island where we had lunch, this was the boat we took.
And finally, it rained profusely today so I took the boys to the Haribo store where they make every kind of gummy candy you can imagine...gummy bears, boys, butterflies, snakes, strawberries, lots of black licorice, licorice, sweet, sweet yummee, yummee licorice...Let me know if there is something in particular you are craving and I'll see what I can do about getting you a delicious gummy treat.
I shall try to be more consistent in my picture taking and blog posting. Too many things happen to not document. I am headed to southern Austria, or Corinthia, on Saturday with the Merls. Should be much fun! I will probably leave a little early, not staying the whole week, so as to be able to take a detour to Switzerland and see some friends there before returning to Germany.
And the adventures continue...

4 comments:

Mary Grace said...

sounds fun!!! i cant wait to go to europe!! the only problem is i will be there in the winter! oh well, i can stand rain...and snow...i havelived in alaska! :) have fun out there you little globe trotter. miss you.

Heidi Michelle said...

ooo, looks so fun! Thank you for calling me yesterday on my birthday. And then again today. It was a blast talking to you! And Mary, Europe in the winter? Just take your skis and board and i think you'll be good! ta ta

SPENCERS said...

Your life is so hard! It's terrible to have to play all day and travel and tour around foreign, beautiful countries and eat delicious, delicious gummy treats(I love licorice--the red kind). if you need to talk and get things off your chest, don't hesitate to call me...
And Billie is here and she and simon live in krefeld (I think) which is about 45 min to an hour away from you! She wants you to come visit! loves,

SPENCERS said...

Ahem,
more adventure posts, please.