So sorry to all who have been looking for a new post. I don't have many, but I did take a few pictures this last weekend when I went with Patrick and the boys to our home teachers 70th b-day party at this farmhouse converted medieval restaurant. Very
cool. We were entertained by bards and ate our whole meal with just our knives and fingers. This is a picture of the
veggies that were in the middle of the table, we picked out what we wanted to eat from this delectible selection, then they brought out these huge plates with meat, which we cut off, put on our plates, then ate, again with just our knives and fingers. Very fun!!!
Anyway. I've been having a grand time here in Bonn. It's been really fun with the Merl family. I have to admit though, it has also been a little difficult as Koko, the mother, has been gone a lot...1st week, I had Nicholas (almost 4) all week from 7-whenever Patrick got home...5:30-8pm. Now Koko is in Munich for the week and I have both boys (Phineas is 18mo's), same schedule. This is the last week like this and it will get a lot easier after this. I tip my hat to all parents, especially mothers, who spend so much time taking care of their children all day everyday. Paul said that with your own children it is an eternal investment which makes all the difference. That gives me encouragement and hope. =)
My cousin, Krista might come over to take my place which would be so great!!!
We've been spending a lot of time in the park which is right by the Rhein, the forest, the Zoo, etc. I will take pictures and post them. It is so beautiful here! Koko and Patrick got rid of their car so we bike or walk everywhere, sometimes taking public transportation. I'm really excited about this, I , I'm hoping to get fit from this last long winter in Alaska, as I've gotten a bit, um, shall we say, soft. =)
Perhaps tomorrow will be a bright, sun-shiny day so I can take some more pics.
love,
Millie
4 comments:
Hey there Millie-lah, I luh-huv you Millie-lah.. oh, it's what you do to me-ee-ee! Oh, it's what you do to meeeee! Anywho- great pics! Looks like you're having a grand ol' time! Things are pretty good here. My doctor believes that I have both a septate uterus and a bicornuate uterus. So sometime I'll probably have to get surgery to reshape it and remove the septum.... BLAH! Well, I hope all's well there! love, Bananiebutts
Hi Millie!
When you get back you can start up the "Fingers Only Food Movement". Down with all utensils!
Anna, what song are you trying to sing there? Dork. It's nice to finally see an update of your world travels Mirrie! Sorry I missed your call again yesterday. I was at the movie Hairspray and it was on silent. Well, I was out of the movie actually, but it was still on silent so I didn't hear it ring. Woops! Perhaps again some other time. Plus, what happened the day before that? You just got cut off...psh, so sad!
peace,
HEIDI
millie!!! i love that you are over there in germany!! i just LOVE it! guess waht? i finally got a ticket to london. I am going for thanksgiving and christmas. and we are going to germany for thanksgiving!! AHHH i am so excited!! looking at your post gets me pumped! (not that im not already pumped:)
Post a Comment