Sabine flies regularly on her own, so when we went up the mountain they were so chill about it, and it all happened so quickly, I really didn't have a lot of time to freak myself out.
It was soooo awesome!! I highly recommend hang-gliding!
So, I was a little nervous at first, we were setting it up here, Olivier let me help, fortunately, he went back over everything to make sure it was all secure.
We stood in this "ready" position for a couple of minutes, waiting for the wind to be right.
We got strapped into our harnesses that hang you from the Delta (the wing). Olivier said "are you ready? 3,2,1 go" then we started running down the mountain.
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgyTEiEtsIRo-MsXErREIVv359qdkbR6mB_SHHYSau7ZhK3f7ESDnKVjB-oAaRNAkPwrdsYmvu0nUpxRNfQBga3sGjWB08m-wQxCh8DqAxwpmktPkiX8XrKE8E7qFRvFdJRa2xB/s1600-h/PICT0086.JPG">
We ran and ran, then kept going straight, we ran out into the air instead of down the mountain. It was so incredible! We flew for about 30 minutes then landed in a nearby field. The Delta had wheels so we just stayed suspended face down, legs and feet dragging a bit, but, rolled smoothly to a stop. Amazing, and so fun!!
Sabine and her family are so great. Her parents, Stephan and Ursula made a dinner for me. Stephan is a chef, so it was delicious! Her mother, Ursula, is also a great cook. She kept offering to make me crepes, Citronella tee (which was quite tasty), and Apfel Strudel with vanilla sauce. They were such great hosts.
2 comments:
um, yes, I guess I DID miss the other two posts! Wow! What an amazing adventure! How fun! Travel safely back to the us of a.
lots of love,
Hi Millie,
I just found your blog site thanks to mark and becca. Looks like you've been having some great adventures, and doing a wonderful job of documenting them all. Hope the thumbdrive is still working ;)
Things are going well in Des Moines, but we're still trying to get used to a big city. Can't wait to see your next adventures!
Travis
Post a Comment