Friday, October 12, 2007

Basel with Andrea

I met up with Elizabeth Keeler. Funny story. So, Elizabeth's sister, Becca was living up in Alaska while her husband worked as an intern at the clinic with me. They later found out that Becca and Elizabeth's grandparents served a mission with Grandma and Grandpa Carlson! It's a small world after all...(to be sung while moving your hands and head in stiff, mechanicalized motions). Becca's mom gave Elizabeth my e-mail address along with some for my cousins. Elizabeth wrote to all of us and said that she is living in southern Germany and if we are ever traveling in Europe, to look her up. Very cool, I thought. I wrote her and said, hey, I'm living in Germany too, we should meet up. I'm going to Switzerland next week, do you want to join me? So she did! She is very cool, and if any of you are over here, you should meet up with her. Go visit her in Konstanz!

Elizabeth and myself in front of the Rathaus (government house) in Basel.


We met up with my friend, Andrea. I know Andrea from Davos. She was so great! We took our things to her house then went out touring Basel for the afternoon. We went back to Andrea's house and made cheese fondue and pumpkin-chestnut soup, and salad. So good, but ugh, we ate so much!


Andrea and Elizabeth tried Heisse Maroni, Roasted Chestnuts. Quite delicious. =)

Andrea made some beds out of sheets, blankets, towels, whatever she could find. So nice of her to have us there at her house!

No comments: