Sunday, May 18, 2008

Back in Provo...

WHY you ask!?!?  I'm taking a chemistry class to help me get into PA school this next year. Let me tell you, it is weird being back here!! I never thought I'd be back here, especially not taking classes again. I moved into a house with some great girls, the house is close to the Provo River trail so I can train for the 1/2 marathon in June!!!  Reece, are you training? 

I got me a computer!!!! I've been needing one, and I will need one for school next year so I made the "investment", and am very excited about it. I got an ibook, which should be everything that I want it to be, and more! =)

I went hiking yesterday with my new friend Darrin Humphreys (I'm a big fan) and some of his friends. I only knew him, but, as I am want to do, quickly became friends with all of them, there were about 15 of us. We hiked up to the Y then up the canyon to the right of the Y. It was a great hike and I got burnt to a crisp. =) Darrin is to my left, keeping his distance...I was super sweaty...which is super hot! =) It was roasty toasty out there, probably in the 90's, and of course we started around 2 in the afternoon...note to self, do not start a hike in the afternoon on a hot day.


So, I've been hard at work, nose to the grind-stone, for the last, is it 3 weeks already?! Yes, it has been...how quickly time flies...seems like just yesterday she was cuttin' her teeth on Jim-Dear's slippers, and here she is, a full-grown lady...
Right then, my chemistry class has been pretty good. I've been studying my brains out so hopefully it will pay off and I will get a good grade. It has been a little rough, but I'm remembering quite a bit and I've had a lot of help from the spirit for which I am SO grateful! 

Well my dears, that's my time in Utah in a nutshell. Love you all!


6 comments:

Heidi Michelle said...

ooo, that is so exciting! The part about the laptop I mean. I want to get a laptop. I think I should just tell myself I NEED to get a laptop, and if I make enough money this summer perhaps i will! but cool, way to FINALLY put up a new post. And just so you know, you need to put a better picture of taht one boy! cheerio!

Anonymous said...

ahem, and what is that white stuff to your left? I recall the name of it being SNOW and it is COLD and you are HOT and COLD and HOT, for some crazy reason, balance each other out...hmmm. Funny how that works...and what's with the hat? How can we see any facial features with a hat shadowing the face??

madre

Leacayoungart said...

Looks like you are having a good time. I did not even know you were leaving. We just barely met you and then you left. I found you on someones blog and thought I would say hi.

Anonymous said...

AHEM TOO! I simply recall you coming to Vernal for a little jaunt, and we had some SUH-WEET hair! I sure would like to see those pics!
LOVE YOU! LOve Bananiebutts

Anonymous said...

Awesome computer! I should know, it's what I've had for almost a year. You will never, ever feel so good about spending that much money again! I am never buying anything else.

Patricia S.

Alison said...

Millie! You have to come and see us while you are here! There is a GREAT PA school at the med school Jeff graduated from: Des Moines University and IOWA is the BOMB! Seriously, call or email us and let's hook up!