Sunday, September 30, 2007

Wien (pronounced "Veen") aka Vienna






I had a really lovely time in Vienna this last week. We Flew into Linz on Friday. Patrick's cousin, Pascal, a good friend of mine who is very cool, came and picked us up and took us to his parents where we stayed the night. We went out for a nature walk on Saturday, climbed a 30 meter tower to look around the area...beautiful, I love Austria! I've decided that if I were to live in Europe it would be in Austria, more particularly, Vienna. I highly recommend it to all!
We headed to Vienna by train Saturday afternoon. We stayed at Koko and Patrick's apartment. Johannes and Michael, who are renting the apartment were gracious hosts, made dinner for us, drove us to church, went with me around downtown Vienna. Sunday I took the boys to church, Koko had meetings until 11:30pm. We were invited to a garden party with some friends of Koko and Patricks, now mine, who blessed their baby.
Monday, we visited my friend, Jette at her work, she makes violin's and cello's, very cool! We then went to the aquarium. I took the boys to the YSA FHE, met some nice people. Koko got home around 10:30. Pascal came to Vienna Monday night.
Tuesday Pascal came with us to the zoo. We had Eis (ice cream/gelatto) to rival Italian gelatto if you can believe it. Koko got home at 5 so I had the evening off. Michael and I went walking around the Rathaus(government building), and around Staphansdom (the main cathedral). He is so funny! He is Austrian and Italian and speaks very little English so I got a lot of German practice this last week, with him and with Pascal as well. We had to try this other gelatto to compare it with the ones we had earlier. I could probably keep trying them out, for comparison of course, for ever...mmm!
Wed I took the boys to the Prater, a big, beautiful park across the Danube Canal from the apartment. Koko met up with us at 11:30, I went for a run through the park, we packed up, met up with Pascal at the train station, and rode back to Linz together, said our adieu's and headed back home.
All in all, a great trip!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey DOODY!
It looks like you're having a rockin' time! What beautiful cities you are visiting! I miss and love you, and hope that a prince of European heritage, that still lives over there, won't elope w/ you, so I never get to see you again! J/K LOVE, Anna

SPENCERS said...

what a great place. I really must go there some day! And you must come home some day, also. You may not elope with anybody, prince or not. let it be said. let it be written. let it be done. aaah-aah-aah-mehhhhn.